Friday, July 07, 2006

High five on pillow hands

Yesterday was a busy day of running around in a rental car :
And boy was that fun. A cheap car with cheap insides. Oh well what do I care I have my Corolla to come back to!!
So story numero uno: I was at the Enterprise Rent-A-Car and I walk in with two huge over-stuffed garbage bags full of clothes (i was going to the Goodwill) and walk up to the counter and this guy comes up. I say "I am here to pick up a car" He says "Whoa, first things first... Welcome to Enterprise, (shakes my hand) my name is Rick*." I kind of look at him funny and I say "My name is Adriel, and I need a car." And then it was business as usual with Rick. There by the way are way too many employees behind the counter seriously like 4 or 5 and ME the only customer... it was weird they didn't have anything to do.
So we get outside, inspect the beauty which is my rental car and then it happened. The most movie moment I think I have had in a long time. I still cannot believe how good God's sense of humor is!! So we get to the curb and he is about to give me the keys and he says, "Alright we are done here, here are your keys. Alright, HIGH FIVE." and he puts his hand up to give me a high five.
Sadly I leave him hanging for a what must seem 10 minutes because I am in shock that this actually just happened. That this is real. I sort of shake my head and give him a high five. And let me tell you those were definent pillow hands. So surreal.

*names have been changed to save people from humilation

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was funny. Did you think of saying " listen car rental dude, just hand over the keys"? Well, maybe he was pumped up and you were a customer and he was aiming to please?

A said...

How weird. Although you can't blame him for trying..I guess! You shoulda licked your hadn then asked him if he then wanted to give you five.
Hope packing went well for the rest of the day..your welcome for the awesome tips... :)
have you reconsidered changing the way you say semi yet?