Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Rockabilly and fiighting for my honor!!

Last night Joel and I went to a concert! It was fantastic. I really enjoyed it but went not knowing the band or what to expect but that was the fun part. So we get there fashionably late with a great table being held for us. Joel;s best friend (and best man at the wedding) is well known in Boise.. he gets "special" treatment... anywho... so we get there and the opening "Sukey" band is playing and the front man sucks. He is a terrible singer and is gyrating in very annoying ways... and then he proceeds to shove the microphone in his mouth and make monkey noises. Is this really art? And then he slaps his stomach and i see that around he navel tattoo he has a hernia... NOT ATTRACTIVE... i see this because of course he takes off his shirt. Luckily they only play for a little while and during this little while he again sticks the microphone in his mouth and makes raptor noises... sounded a lot like the monkey but he was doing bird arm motions this time... the worst part that pissed almost everyone off who knew anything is that he used a Spinal Tap quote in vain... Smell the Glove... not cool man, not cool..

the next band comes on ,"The Horrorpops" the front girl is awesome.. has great hair and is playing a huge upright base... very cool. She has an awesome dark, sultry voice... I liked them a lot... so i forgot about the monkey man before...
But then the band who we came to see came on stage... The Reverend Horton Heat. Rockabilly... for sure... he looked like he came straight out of 1950... He was cool... and I approved. So we went out to the patio for a bit and there were many people mostly guys who looked like they came straight out of A Rebel Without A Cause... or Grease... it was kinda funny/sad/interesting... in fact some even had their cigarettes rolled up in their white t-shirt sleeves. Very funny.








So like I said earlier.. there was a table saved for us... and this guy sat in my seat... so I gave him the evil eye and made him move.. but instead of moving he just slightly move over... so i was touching his arse the whole time... I did not stay silent instead i complained loudly and he turned around and started yelling at me... well that almost started a big fight with Issac (joel's best friend) and the other guy... it was close... OOPS.. i have learned to be quite in situations like that.... don't start fights...
But over all it was a fun night... . a new experience, I like those... but over all a lot of fun

3 comments:

JamaJama said...

I think a good fight is a good thing. It's in your blood. So.. you just get your grove on and fight away.

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

If you'd been elk hunting like normal folks, stuff like this wouldn't happen. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

i can see it now....oh how i wish i could have been a witness...haha!!