Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving!!

Even though Thursday was Thanksgiving Day, Joel and I celebrate it on Friday evening with our friends! Its easier and better for most of our friends since Thanksgiving isn't a holiday here. For three years now Joel and I have hosted a huge feast for friends! It has been a great tradition we have started, and even though I was so exhausted and could barely walk after the night was finished I am so glad we did it this year!!
We had about 25 people to cook for but tons of help, our friend Dave helped us go grocery shopping wiht joel, and our team member Jordan helped me bake and cook on Thursday!
Because we have a smaller flat than the Vicarage we held this meal at our church. It was a great place to have it as the kitchen was big and the oven was HUGE!
I didn't have to clean up the kitchen this morning, I decided to play the pregnancy card...only two more week of playing this pregnancy card so am going to play it a lot this week.

I woke up this morning so excited to decorate for Christmas... oh yeah and Violet is due in 7 days!!!!!



joel and i cooking together.me really excited to eat turkey... Joel puts the turkey in a brine for about a day and a half before we cook it. and it turns our very very moist and really good.
the raw turkeys.

our kitchen as we prepared the food the day before and the morning of! we make our sweet potato casserole with a bit of run.. its delicious.




Our friend Drew helping me make stuffing.
some helpers working on the decorations.. they did a great job as I did not even plan for anything like that!!! it looked great in the end!
we made balls our of tin foil... it really hurt my hands.



this is the before everyone came!!


for some reason it looks like I am really scared of the tin foil... i was probably telling some on off!


this is at church..as we began to cook all teh food. We only ended up being about 30 minutes late .. pretty good for thanksgiving right??


look..our two turkeys cooking away!! and our sweet potato casserole!







3 comments:

JamaJama said...

Adriel...what a delightful blog. Thanks for sharing eveyr minute of your great day. So cool. What fun for you both! What a great tradition to start with your own family!
I suddenly am craving Turkey and stuffing again...

Janet Fonnesbeck said...

I love all these pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Adriel. Good photos of all your work and you and Joel having fun.No wonder you ended up in the hospital later too much fun and too much work. Thanks giving is a great holiday. Our thanks to the Lord for the many things He does for us is Praise to his ears.