Sunday, March 29, 2009

Violet's dedication

Well today was Violet's dedication. I must say that today went better than I could have ever expected. God really answered our prayers of a good day, and Violet being in a good mood.
Well Violet was in an amazing mood. I cannot tell you how great it was.
Sarah, Joel's sister, is here from 10 days, so she got to be here from Violet's dedication.
We invited about 8 people to come to join us who do not go to our church. And they all came but for one girl. Everyone really enjoyed the service, even for those people who don't usually go to church.
Our church is full of amazing people, and the our church feels like a big family. And Joel and I were very blessed by people in our church were talking and introducing themselves to our friends who came, and everyone made them feel very welcome today.
When we got up on stage our Vicar took Violet to hold her and pray for her, and she gave him a HUGE smile, and then he faced her to the congeration and she gave them another HUGE smile. We have the dedication on film, so if anyone wants to see it we will have it.
After the church service, we had a meal with about 30 people, some people from our church and our other friends. Violet slept almost the whole time for dinner. After she woke up she was passed around to people and smiled and giggled for lots of people.
After lunch, without even asking other people did all the dishes and cleaned up for us. I was wearing heals for like the 3rd time in my life...so my 'dogs were barking' as they say.


us being praying for.
Violet smiling big at our Vicar Alan.
Joel and I reading the liturgy...oh yeah and my lovely HUGE legs, I like to call them my trunks.


When we got home from the big event, Violet was still in a great mood. So we took her dress off and we played like crazy... and she had so much fun just chillin out wiht us and laughing!!
So here are some pictures (the person who took these photos got a lot of blurry photos so hopefully I will get better ones off Sarah when she downloads them from her camera.)
Also it was a nice surprise, Joel's parents sent us tulips as a surprise for Violet's big day!!

she was playing with her muslin (burp cloth) while i was taking these pictures, she kept up covering her face with it wheni would put the camera up to her face.







this dress she has next to her was a dress she got as a present today for her dedication, she will be in it all summer i think.

look she has some Hanson in her, she takes pictures with her eyes closed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great dedication photos. Violet looked at her best. I did not know that this was happening. Do you have a special "Friends List"
That a dude needs to be on to get notified? Well, did I send a gift or a card that you liked? Let me know. It looked like everyone had a good time and I am glad that your in town friends showed up and that they where welcomed.

JamaJama said...

OHhHHH! I love this blog! Thanks FOR SHARING with us! So adorable. God bless you all...
Totally disregard grumpy's remarks.
HA!
That baby seems to love the lime light... now who does she take after I wonder???

Jama

Janet Fonnesbeck said...

Adriel you are so gifted at telling us how everything happened. I am so glad to hear how good the day was...an answer to prayer! We are loving all the pictures. We just keep looking at them over and over again!

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

Wow, this is wonderful. I really wish I could have shared this moment with you "live" but these pictures are awesome and it seems like you have such a wonderful family away from your family. How great it is that Sarah could be there with you?! Violet is so beautiful and so full of life. i can't wait to meet her.