Sunday, November 26, 2006

A very successful feast

Well, its official, I love entertaining! And Joel and I made a great team at it!! We cooked all day long, we woke up and started cooking at 9am, and didn't finish until abut 7:15pm or so! Joel made some awesome sweet potatoes, and TWO wonderful turkeys! We both made some awesome, awesome stuffing! I made homemade cheesecake, pumpkin pies, and an apple pie! Let me tell you everything went down very well. Everyone enjoyed themselves. And we had lots of drinks, laughter and food! We had twenty people there and all of them good friends of ours. I even latticed the apple pie, and well it turned out like a work of art, but it was really hard to cut, so then it was not as showy once cut! But I am sure it tasted good!
(My center piece)

We decorated our "family room" really nice and had lots of fairy lights and dim lighting to set a mood of good eating! I know the pictures of blurring but you get the idea, right?
We asked our housemates to make the mashed potatoes and they turned out fantastic and then we asked some friends to bring the vegetables, and they were great. And then we asked everyone else to bring some sort of drink.. and drinks did they bring. Lots of wine.. I didn't have that much, i was already too tired from cooking, but everyone enjoyed themselves. But the great thing is that everyone ate so much that no matter how much they drank no one really got even a little tipsy! Oh it was a great, great night!



I am now so excited about our next party! Well we don't have one planned but we will have
one some time I am sure!

2 comments:

JADA said...

What a dog party? A Big Dog Party. Big dogs, little dogs, black dogs, white dogs... what a doggie party!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a great Thanksgiving party. Good going.