Oh Thanksgiving, my most favorite holiday!! Its such a great day full of family and food. The best part about this holiday is that its just about being with those you love. Not about presents, or selfish things, but about being thankful for those you have and how much they mean to you. This year its Joel and my first holiday as a married couple!! Today we are going to Holmsted to have a Thanksgiving meal but its not going to be the same... we have some concerns... first the guy who is overseeing the cooking is English.. and he cooks and serves Small portions, so we are considering that today is not really our thanksgiving though, tomorrow is when the feast will begin. I am so excited about it. Joel and I are hosting a huge meal for about 15 or so of our friends. I am making a bunch of pies, all hand made thanks to mom's recipes. And we have two turkeys ready to bake... everyone else is bringing the rest of the food. The problem is that we had to make this meal on Friday because everyone who is coming is English and its more convenient being that they don't have the day off like in America.

I spent all day yesterday getting the pumpkins ready for pumpkin pie. What fun, but it took me all day... and i didn't get the hang of a pie crust until my like 5th try.. and then it finally worked.
I have about 4 more pies to make.. oh i love baking.
We both miss our families so much, especially during the holidays. Its tough because these are the times you want to be with your loved family... but luckily phones and email are easy to use!!
We love you and miss you
adriel and joel
ps. more to come about our feast of all feasts tomorrow!!
6 comments:
i love it when you post pictures! :) Miss you guys!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Did the thanksgiving dinner at Holmsted end in a dance party like the last one I had there haha
Yo Adriel and Joel. Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you have a great time with your friends in Engrind. Our Thanksgiving came and passed already. The mad shoping is today and a guy should stay the heck off the road and out of the way of the crazy women would want to buy a lotto stuff.
Adrul,
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your hubby! It sure looks like you got everything covered - homemade goods are the only way to serve food for Turkey Day!
We had a great time at Tom & Carol's house. It was the first time in a long time that all the Hansen boys were present. Guess what? Danny has a girlfriend.
Thanks for not sharing the pie crust recipe fiasco from my website. It is fixed now. Miss being with my family too.
What is in your nose? I hope that did't get into the pie!
Post a Comment