Monday, November 27, 2006

Stop the Traffik

About two weeks ago, Joel and I went to this Youth worker conference to do a bit of networking. And during one of the talks there was a presentation about a coalition of organizations working together to help stop human trafficking around the world. I was inspired to do something about it, to get involved. So as I was listening to the woman speak, I heard God say to have a big dinner, fundraising dinner for this cause. So I got all excited about this, and would like to have a dinner on Freedom Day (March 25) which the abolition of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade happened. It was a huge day then, a cry for freedom of those in slavery, and this next year it can be yet again a huge cry for freedom of those again bound in slavery.

So I am really excited about this, i am looking to make this a big deal in the city, I would like to invite influential people of the city, council members, church leaders, business people! And ask them to donate and get involved by informing other people they know.
I do ask for your prayer, its going to be a big undertaking, but I know I got it in me!! But please pray for me, as I plan this meal, and contact the people who will be influential for me during this time!!
thanks
adriel

4 comments:

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

This is a great idea-for reals! Will Dafur be of subject as well?

JADA said...

Sounds great Adrul! This topic is very much alive and well and probably needs another movement (in this century). It is great that no topic is too huge for you to raise awareness and maybe funding. What an undertaking- good for you! I hope God will pave the way for you to meet influential people. I will pray that they will seek you for this event!

Anonymous said...

Good going Adri. This sounds like a real worthy cause and timely. We will certainly pray for you and your endevor.

LaShay said...

nara wants to spread her current news vanity...no not SUdan, human traficing, Jesh...