So the motto "no pain no gain", they say. No freaking kidding. I would like to say that I never expected that this procedure would cause me such pain. I thought on Friday night and Saturday that this was not worth the pain! But now I am feeling better. not great but much better. My mom knows how everything went on because I was out of it for most of it. So if you have questions ask her. I do remember a few things here and there, like I had a few people talk to me while I was regaining consciousness and really all I hope is that I didn't embarrass myself. and not liking my b*^chy night nurse who wouldn't give me pain meds or my back pain or ice chips... my lips were very chapped! And the other things I remember now I can laugh at because why not find them funny, and you can ask me about them later. I have to save some of them for my goodie bag. I am very excited that I potentially will not have tachycardia again. But we won't know for about six months. But God was very good to me during this time. I felt completely covered in prayer and peace. Truly I felt no nervousness or anxiousness and I know it was because of the prayers of the saints. Thank you for your prayers. The very last thing I remember that was said to me was "you know you are not supposed to look so beautiful" The anesthetic nurse said that to me... or it could have been an angel, i am not sure! but nonetheless was very nice. now my fingers have lost all their swelling and my ring can fit on my finger again...and well lets just say i keep on finding medical tape residue in places that i find offensive!! And I finally got the hospital smell off of me, for days I could smell yucky hospital, but now its just my lovely scent
So its my birthday tomorrow. I forgot about it until yesterday when mom reminded me of it. who knew. 25!! how exciting. I used to tease joel for forgetting his birthday, i couldn't understand how you can forget about such a day..but now I can see it can be done.
5 comments:
Okay, this made me cry. I was praing so hard for you Adrismell; I hope you got my voice mail.
Where did you have the tape again?
I have never seen anyone try to be so cheerful for others while having a swollen tongue, dulled senses and pain. You all would be proud.
Adri-you were in my thoughts and prayers as well. Way to hang tough with grace and humor!
AND HAPPY 25th! It's a sign of old age when you start forgetting birthdays (or is that senility??!!) Chuckle.
Happy Birthday and Happy 25th. Our baby is 25 yrs old. I remember well when you were born.Like it was yesterday.I hope and pray that your heart elect. problems are over for good. Ten years from now you won't even rember what they were like.Way to go trooper
Ok now I can stop complaining that there really isn't anything happening Exciting on your well- plugged blog! This was an incredible story from the source. I'm sick of hearing the story from mom- she cries and makes me cry telling it anyhow. But it definitely sounded like you were brave. Many people cannot even do what you did and now we can all see the miraculous results!:) Ten point for the good team!- Thats us!!
Post a Comment