Tuesday, February 20, 2007

oh that darn squid

If you know me you know how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE calamari, and squid. And this past weekend it almost killed me!! Well not really killed me, but almost closed off my throat and didn't let me swallow! Joel and I were on a date night having a great time when I said "Hey Joel, can we order calamari?" He said yes... and we did. As soon as I started eating the darn food i my whole torso starting burning and my throat starting swelling closed. And I starting get all flustered. And this has happened a few times before but I didn't know what the problem was. Before i thought that it was because i was eating to fast, or dehydrated. I had no idea that is was the SQUID... and then on Saturday night the reaction was even worse and more scary...



so the conclusion? I am allergic to squid. I am off to the doctor today to get tested but how annoying is that?






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so scary!!! NO MORE SQUID FOR YOU!!!

JamaJama said...

Dang. That sucks. No soup for you.

JADA said...

that just means more calamari for us!

Anonymous said...

yes. more calamari for us. Check out your allergies to Joel. It could be a double allergy thing. Like when you are with Joel and eating calamari. Then maybe you can still eat calamari by yourself.I am pretty sure that I am allergic to calamari when I am with anyone. That is why I CANNOT share it with anybody.

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

Adrismell! This is terrible! Say, aren't you a nurse or nurse wanna be? I'd expect you to be more on top of allergic reactions. I agree w/ dad, sounds fishy. You never had those reactions until you met Joel. I'd definitley check that out.