Saturday, February 17, 2007

Back home and blogging

Joel and I got back from Spain this last weekend, and its so great to be home! We had a great time in Spain, but its nice to come home also. So much to say about Spain... first thing is that you all would love it. There is so much to do and so much to see. And besides the pickpockets the Spaniards are really nice and so great to be around. Very nice people I must say!! Did you know that Barcelona is in an area called Catalonia which has their own version of Spanish and do not like to be called Spanish but Catalonia? I didn't know this until we got there.
We stayed in a three bedroom flat was so nice, it was like a little home away from home. And was nice because we were able to save money by cooking our own meals in the evening! I enjoyed that. And we were able to catch the metro very easily from there.
We also went to the famous La Sagrada Familia Catherdal which was also amazing. It was designed by Gaudi who is this modern architect. The cathedral was amazing and large but also modern. I love it, the cathedral is still in construction and won't be done for another 20 years. It's pretty cool to think of a cathedral on this scale is being built in our time. And most likely will be the last to be built!




We also went to one of his other buildings that he designed and walked on the roof and saw some of his odd taste in architecture.
And we I recommend Spain... I think all of you would like it.
So I know I should have blogged a lot sooner... but people I am busy okay!!
The night before we left Spain we decided to go out "on the town" and find a Tapas bar and just eat and be merry. Well, I thought what a great chance to show of my hot new shoes. Well I put them on thinking... "this may not be a good idea, they are brand new and we will be doing a lot of walking", but i quieted my inner voice.. ignored it and went about dressing for my shoes. About 20 minutes into the "fun night out" my feet started to really hurt and i could feel blistered starting. And then finally after about an hour of walking and not finding a Tapas bar near us;.... I stopped and made Joel give me his socks... so this is what I looked like walking around the city of Barcelona
SO HOT
One day we went to this monastery that was up in the mountains about 45 minutes out of the city! It was a foggy morning but it ended up being a beautiful day with the sun shining nice and bright. So we get there by train and then had to take a gondola up to the middle of the mountain..and we had to buy a package deal that included getting to the monastery and visiting the actual site, the ticket said we got to have FUNICULARS oh my goodness I was so excited to receive my fun-oculars, but I didn't tell Joel because I thought he would think I was a dork. But seriously... I was thinking in my head "what could they do to binoculars to make them fun?" boy was I excited to find out! Then we get to this "train" depot and we were waiting for what was pronounced as finicular... funicular... I had no idea what this was.. and then it dawned on me.. we are not going to get FUN-oculars but ride even higher on a slanted train thing held up by one wire up to the top of the mountain!!




i was nervous about the heights.


But what made the Funiculars better was this German mountain climber... who not only smoked but had a cigarette stuck in his hoop earring.. Oh those Germans.
On top of the mountain we were greeted by a flea ridden cat... which we petted because he was so cute and some beautiful mountains and odd shaped rocks!


When we were at the monastery we saw a boys choir perform.. that was really nice, and here is a video to let you hear them!!

I took many more pictures of the Cathedral with my film camera that I am going to get processed this weekend.. than I will blog more of those pictures!!
okay that is all for now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

adri: this is a cool blog. thanks for all the photos and the video. I bet that I would like spain. It is hard to imagine that spain was the center of the world at one time. They had power,money and they conquored nations. Were the people nice to you? By the by your shoes with socks looked dorky.

JamaJama said...

that is some great blogging adriel. I suggest proofreading, however as I got stuck not really getting what you were saying a few times. By the way, don't hold out on making any new fashion trends with those socks. I liked the boys choir video. thanks for sharing.

A said...

Oh I LOVE Spain!! I had way too much fun there! Finally...a new blog I am lovin it!!!

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

So much to say about how much fun you had! First, Spain looks and sounds wonderful! Another place I will never be able to see since I am always prego. Secondly, don't ever wear those shoes again. For reals. Third, I love cats!